Monday, March 21, 2005

Why is everyone afraid of turning gay?

Why are Repu--I mean some people so scared about gay marriages? Are they afraid that all the gays marrying will make non-gays gay? Do they have some secret “thoughts” they don’t want us to know about and would feel more comfortable suppressing?

I don’t get it. I’m straight. I’ve never even thought of being gay. Much. I am certain that, no matter how many people in the world get gay married, it will never make me turn gay. No gay marriage on this planet (that I’m not invited to and have to go buy a stupid gift for) will ever have any effect on me. Unless, for some odd reason, I decide to temporarily not mind my own freaking business.

How can anyone—I repeat ANY one or any ONE—displaying love and compassion instead of hatred and violence have a bad effect on anything outside the minds of those who fear what they don’t understand or condone? And I’ll not get into the Big Money running Big Business on Big Debt, trashing out environment, screwing employees, and making Americans and illegal aliens real fat and diabetic on high fructose corn syrup all the time. I won't even touch on that.

I’ll just say this. Don’t be afraid of gay. Gay is just gay. That’s all. You may not like gay, and it may not like you, but that doesn’t mean you can just make it go away. If that were the case, I would have personally ended the existence of mayonnaise and Top 40 crossover country music years before Kenny Chesney (since we’re on the subject of gay) had a chance.

Just let gay be gay, and you be you. Unless you’re gay, then gay you can be gay you. Otherwise, don’t worry about it so much.

Don’t you want your kids to go to college or avoid drugs or something? OH! Hey! Good point, Shayne! Perhaps there are bigger problems than gay. Hmmm…

1 comment:

shayne said...

Thank you, Sara and Jojo! You two are obviously very intelligent. The world would be a much better place of everyone thought like me. However, it would also be too boring, and that’s why I have come to save it.