Friday, March 25, 2005

An Apology

Not THE Apology. What do I look like? Socrates? First, I’d like to apologize for stealing Jay’s apology shtick. I’d also like to apologize that Jay ever used the apology shtick. It is stupid. It is so stupid that I will probably never use or steal it from Jay, or anyone else, again.

However, an apology is in order. On Tuesday’s post, I sorta built up that Wednesday’s post would be good. I believe I said—and I quote, “...mañana I’m thinking of being awake. If so, tomorrow’s post should be one the of the best, if not the best post, that I post all day!!” But don’t quote me on that, since I preserved the typo.

Even though I was possibly, what some might call awake, Wednesday’s post was a bit weak. I saw that bumper sticker and the chick on the phone Tuesday, and I says to myself, I says, “Say, Pete, (I forgot I was talking to myself) here’s a great opportunity for a give-up post.” Then I did it. The great American give-up post of 2005.

So I apologize for the Wednesday’s weak post. I apologize for stealing Jay’s shtick. I apologize for being sick yesterday and not providing you with your daily wisdom. I apologize for this over-apologetic post.

Until tomorrow… Or the next day….or the next. Maybe never. But sometime next week.

No comments: