Thursday, July 14, 2005

NHL is back

Although I never really cared the NHL was gone, I am glad it's back.

I was a huge hockey fan. I just figured if the money was more important than the game to the owners and players, then why should I care about it. Besides, I had the
Ft. Worth Brahmas. That's hockey I can afford.

I will probably hate the new rules. It is sad the sport has to reduce itself to appear to those with no attention span. If money weren't so important, the player could tell the ADD'd masses to just stay home and stare at their TVs. To me the new rules will be the equivalent of removing wrecks from NASCAR.

I wish we could just say, “If you don’t want to take the time to learn the rules and strategies of hockey the way it is—if you’re just here to see goals and fights, then buy an Xbox. “

It was a beautiful sport. Graceful, strategic, violent, fast. Now we have to have shootouts so FOX viewers don’t get bored and switch over to wrestling.

I guess I’m just glad it will be back. Now, Dallas. Let’s get Modano signed.

No comments: