Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Halo

Halo
(by Shayne Seymour)
mp3 at www.shayneseymour.com

Heaven is in every word you say.
Heaven is in the way you sway.
I can not look away from you, and I am blinded when you glow.
The only light in my world is your halo.

I feel the burning in your eyes.
I taste the bitter in your cries.
I blew out the sun to watch you glow,
Enchanted by light of your halo.

There's glory in the senses that you thrill,
And glory in the sadness of the kill.
It burns when I'm this close to you, and it's so cold when you go.
The only light in my world is your halo.

Desire is burning a hole deep inside of me.
I'm soaring in your sky and drowning in your sea.
I singe my heart and sear my soul as your flames lick my wings.
I surrender to your charms and the blues that you sing.

(Shayne Seymour, © 2003 and 2005)

No comments: