Monday, January 18, 2010

Sans Sugar: Day 4

Finally, I started writing about a day on the day that day is happening. Today. Of course, by the time you read this, today will probably be yesterday or last week. Maybe even earlier today. Get back with me when you think you know.

I've had moments of strong cravings today. Really wanted some tator tots. I can get a huge basket of tots, enough to live on through dinner, for a buck! There is a Reese's Peanut Butter bell on my desk. It has been there since Christmas. I'm showing that Reese's Peanut Butter bell just how much I can resist it. I've wondering if some DDP would make it easier.

Around 2:30, I started feeling hungry. Very hungry. I had a big salad and chicken schnitzel about noon, so I couldn't be THAT hungry. Visions of Snickers began dancing in my head. I could here them calling me from the vending machine. Around 3:00, I started feeling really tired. With only an hour left in my work day, I was really hoping some fresh air would do the trick. I knew a chocolate milk shake would. Besides, I knew I would cheat by having Sliders and fries at Beer Thursday.

At 3:10, which seemed like several hours since 3:00, I began thinking maybe just a sip of DDP would get me to 4:00.

Here is another question that occurred to me today: What about the cheat day?

Sugar Busters allows one cheat day each week. I usually had cheat days on Saturdays. I'm thinking I shouldn't have a cheat day this week, since I will not have gone a full week without. Will it start the cravings all over again? Get back with me when you find out. I mean, I'll get back with you when you find out.

You know what I mean?

No comments: