Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What to Write About When You Don't Know What to Write About

I've covered this topic several times now. It seems like every time I write about it, I write about something else. Nothing is a terrible topic for Adsense. Nothing is a great topic for writer's block. Now if I can just combine the two into some sort of vehicle that generates cash by my just being great, then I'll get somewhere. Something.

So if you search "Nothing" in the cool Google search box I added to this site just below the AdSense adds, Blog Archive and my incomplete profile, you'll get a list of all my posts on Nothing. You'll notice I commit a significant amount of time and resources to Nothing. 

So far, Nothing has got me nowhere. Click on the links to my posts regarding Nothing and check out my AdSense ads.

[Blogger's Note 1: I no longer have ads on this blog.]

[Blogger's Note 2: If you have ads on your blog, you're not supposed to draw attention to them. That's probably why they took the ads off my blog.]

They are pretty much links to nothing unless you need to pimp your blog. 

[Blogger's Note 3: Many years ago, I had a link to something about pimping your blog. I don't remember what that was. I also think it contained viruses.  This post was removed for viruses. I thought it just had words.  Then I noticed that link.  Careful where you link!]

Do blogs really need more pimping? Pimping is for blogs that don't have Nothing. This blog has Nothing to spare! And if you only have links to nothing, then when you click those links you buy nothing. That doesn't do you much good. We need to stimulate the economy for America. Do it for the children.

Writer's Block is often caused by not knowing what to write about. If the author can just come up with a topic, he or she (or in this case, I) can usually force the initial words. That almost always opens the floodgates. Unfortunately, it is not working yet today. For me, having nothing to write about is great because my favorite thing to write about is Nothing! I just start writing about having nothing to write about, and the floodgates open! I tried it again. Still not working.

What I need to do is write about Nothing in such a way that AdSense generates some useful Ads for you to click on and buy something. That will create a Win-Win situation. You win by having cool things to buy. The seller wins by having nice people to sell cool things to.

I ask for Nothing in return but the honor of entertaining you with my blog. If writing is its own reward, then I'm getting rewarded with one of my favorite things!

Nothing.

2 comments:

ken said...

Next, you should write about "something"
however, it could become a wee bit monotonous. However It is entertaining, and would never fall to the level of being irksome tirade.

shayne said...

Hello, Good person named Ken. Thank you for commenting and helping me fight the Job Flu. You will be pleased to know that I am working on a book--some may call it a post--that you should enjoy. It is a guide to how to exist and will include sections on something, nothing and everything in between. Keep an eye out on right here for it!