Wednesday, April 30, 2008

10-9-8

The best apocalyptic predictions occur on catchy dates. We had 1/1/2000 and 6/6/6. We’ve got 11/11/11, and don’t forget to add 12/21/12 to your calendar. The world is going to end that day!

Not if I have anything to say about it.

My very own date of destruction is October 10, 2008.

10-9-8, according to my very accurate predictions, is the day the stock market will crash. October is a great month for market downturns. Thursdays are really nice for losing boatloads of cash! In case you haven’t bought food or gas in the past few months, 2008 seems to be a great year for some degree of financial woe.

Or is it Whoa!

Let’s go with woe.

We’ve got a perfect storm of various financial crisis building. Consult this list that I found on the internet at http://shaynereign.blogspot.com/:

- The housing market is in a slump. With the exception of where I live, it is getting worse all over the country.
- Those crazy CDOs. I would love to explain them here, but they are just entirely and utterly unfunny. Google Collateralized Debt Obligation, and see if don’t just not find humor. I dare you.
- The US dollar is at an all time low
- Stagflation. Prices are rising, but the economy is not growing.
- Consumer debt is at an all time high
- George Bush just can’t seem to pile up enough debt to China
- Other unfunny stuff

I really do prefer writing about funny things.

As a service to those whom are reading my blog, below you will find a handy countdown to the crash. Pull up this web page daily and watch the seconds pass by and bring us closer and close to doom! Hooray!

Please note that I am the first to make this prediction. If you see anyone out there stealing my shtick, please pass along that I am the genius who forecasted the second great depression. I’ll really be depressed if I don’t get credit for it!

I just realized this post isn’t very good.

Now go in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think 6-7-8 might also have some implication at all?

shayne said...

Only if yopu consider The End of The World implicative. I'm pretty sure that's a word. I predict The End of The World will occur on 6-7-8, if not sooner!